A workshop is an event where a smaller group (often a professional team) works intensively on a topic within a limited time.
The cooperative and facilitated method of reaching a common goal is a specific feature of a workshop.
As a facilitator, I play a prominent role in achieving workshop goals. While the participants contribute team-specific content, I am responsible for facilitating discussion and providing structure to the process by asking pointed questions and applying specific methodology. I support the group in acquiring results and become the common thread in the discussion. Following the workshop, I will provide documentation of the results.
Reasons organizing or participating in a workshop
• Define Work Processes and Responsibilities
• Overcome Engrained and Ineffective processes
• Integrate New Colleagues and Develop New Team Leads
• Support New Teams
• Define Rules of Collaboration
• Manage Crisis and Conflicts
• Manage New Tasks and Challenges
• Increase Customer Focus
• Improve Internal/External Communication
• Develop a New Mission Statement